Tuesday 11 August 2009

New Forest Ponies

These are New Forest ponies, when we were in Hampshire we went to a little village in the new forest called Burley and these ponies were in the carpark and in several places around the village, they are allowed to roam free so you have to be a bit careful when driving through this area. The village was really pretty with lots of quaint shops and a nice pub garden where we had lunch where a sign said 'Please Cover The Sugar or The Ponies will eat it'.


5 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

I just can't believe there's a place where ponies are allowed to roam free!!! I'd love it there, although I'd be petting them all day long and I know nothing would ever get done!!!! Hugs, Paulette :o)

blushing rose said...

This is awesome ...I'd be in horse heaven being able to get that close. What a lovely setting ... TTFN ~Marydon

Scrappy quilter said...

Wow that is cool. I love horses. Did you feed them a treat or is that a no-no.

Bluebell said...

Yes you can feed them little tidbits I think they quite fancied my Ice Cream Cone.

LaurieStar said...

I never knew of a place where the horses would be allowed to roam free. Kinda cool and kind of different too! Interesting! :)

Blog Archive