Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Finished at Last.

Hello everyone, I don't know if you remember butI showed you this quilt when I had just finished the top, well now it is finished and I love it, my husband says this is a keeper. I did not do loads of quilting just enough to hold the three pieces together I did big swooshy (is that a word) flowers on the multi coloured bit and I quilted around the flowers and butterflies on the borders. It took me 2and a half years to complete but it was worth it. I did a lot when we went travelling in our caravan so now I want another paper piecing project that I can do when we start to wander again. Off for a coffee now.


8 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause!!!!!! What a glorious and beautiful masterwork!! This amazing quilt must be a visual diary of your fabric stash with perhaps some fabrics donated by friends. What a treasure!

Well done!

Marydon Ford said...

G'morn ~ Exquisite creation, beautiful workmanship! Love the fabric colors.

Happy Valentine's
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Elizabethd said...

Beautiful! What a lot of work there is in that.

scrappy quilter said...

Awesome. I agree what a lot of work, however well worth it. Hugs

Piece by Piece said...

What a beautiful quilt, a lot of work but well worth it.
Patricia

Kathy said...

What a beautiful piece of art it is. Nice job.You must be so proud!

beedeebabee♥ said...

OMG, this is so, soooo beautiful!!! xoxo

bluebird-lyn said...

Hello Bluebell, absolutely beautiful quilt you have made...there is something about hexagons...a lass at quilting is designing a quilt with half inch hexagons...to date she has worked the centre....1200 hexagons...Warm Regards Lyn

Blog Archive