Saturday 25 February 2012

Bird Embroidery Finished



Here he is in all his glory, I was really pleased with the way this little embroidery turned out, the birds body is all chain stitch and it was very effective, there is still a lot of work to do on my crazy quilt but it is starting to look good. Kathleen and I (cottonreel) went to a place called Nova Trimmings which is a large warehouse full of all sorts of goodies for crazy patchwork, we found pretty buttons and bridal bits and pieces, beads and lots of other stuff, you could spend a whole day in this place and still not see everything. I received my Spring magazine from Pat Winter and there are some truly beautiful things to look at and some nice things to make. Anyway as the sun is shining I am off to do some garden tidying.

2 comments:

Pippas quilts said...

Love the bird he looks very happy. I hope you had a good day gardening.

Piece by Piece said...

Love your little bird.
Wish it was gardening time here, can't wait to get some dirt under my finger nails.
Patricia

Blog Archive