Thursday 6 August 2009

Great Excitement and More Pictures




I am very excited today I have just ordered my ticket for The Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham for the 20th August I love this quilt show there is so much to see, the show quilts are usually breathtaking and there are so many stalls it takes a long time to get round sooo! lots of stops for coffee and pastries (always need a sugar boost) I will of course be missing my dear friend Cottonreel as she is sunning herself in Cyprus but she has given me her orders and I have a list of items I have to get for her.
The picture you see of the little graveyard is in Morthoe North Devon we used to walk to this village for coffee and found this peaceful place what a perfect place to be laid to rest. The other two photo's were taken as we were walking up from Woolacombe bay this was a very very steep hill and I thought I would not be able to make it but with lots of stops and encouragement from Tony I made it all the way home and believe me the views were worth it, we also saw some pretty little cottages on the way I walked 5 miles that day and I slept like a baby that night.

4 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

Bluebell, I so wish I could join you on one of your lovely walks! The quilt show sounds wonderful, too bad Cottonreel wont be able to enjoy it with you. Hugs, Paulette :o)

Elizabethd said...

I would love to be there with you too Bluebell. There is nothing so inspiring as an exhibition of quilts.

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful pictures. Oh how exciting to go to a quilt show.

btw - I'm going to have a cup of tea with you today. Thank you so very much. Can you leave your e-mail addy on my blog. It's moderated so it won't show. Hugs and love...carol

cottonreel said...

Hi,lovely pictures,I,m stamping my little foot . I want to go to the NEC . I want Kaffe Fasset and Karen Eckmeier , Village houses ----cottonreel

Blog Archive