Thursday 18 November 2010

A Labour of Love


This has been a real labour of love, I think it's lovely now it's finished but it has been one of the most fiddly things I have ever done. The window and the door took for ages, all the cakes had to be done and then embroidered and there were lots of pieces, then the door which also had quite a bit of work. The next time I make it I will have a better idea of how to do all this work so that will make it easier. It is a pattern by Gail Penberthy which I bought at Malvern quilt show, you can call it The Tea Room or you can personalise it and as you can see this one is Kate's. I have finished the fireplace and Tony has fitted the fire, I am now going to make some new cushions and then we will be ready to start looking forward to Christmas.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is precious. I know it was a lot of work, but it turned out perfectly.

cottonreel said...

I saw this teacosy this morning in the real, It is superb , Well done--cottonreel

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous creation! I love LOVE it.
Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving holiday ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Angela said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work. Well done!

Scrappy quilter said...

Now that is just the cutest. Love it. Hugs

Blog Archive