Monday 30 January 2012

Wallhanging

I have been trying to get on with this Christmas walhanging this weekend. I bought this pattern about 2 years ago and was always daunted by the amount of work in it but, I spoke to cottonreel and she said "Thats not a problem" and proceeded to show me how to tackle it. We are both doing it so it will be interesting to see how different they are. I still have a lot of work, there is a Santa in his sleigh with reindeers pulling him along the night sky, as you can see I have'nt done that yet but, I have cut out the border squares and I will tackle Santa next. I have also been doing some embellishment on my crazy quilt that really is a labour of love.
Its shopping day today so I am off to pick up Kathleen (cottonreel) and then we will hit the shops.

4 comments:

lynda said...

I have that pattern, too, and have not done it! I will use you for inspiration!
Absolutely LOVE the crazy quilt!!!It is pretty even without embellishments!
Thanks for the inspirations!

Mermaid's Purse said...

I love quirky houses! That looks lovely already so I'm sure it will be amazing when finished!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute, Jilly.

XO Diane

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello my darling,

I popped in to wish you love filled days.


Love & Hugs
Duchess

Blog Archive